Bob is a native Floridian, born in Orlando and received a Music Education degree from Florida State University!
Major McKibben served 12 years in the United States Marine Corps as a pilot and flight instructor. In February 1991, Major McKibben was recalled to active duty as a reserve officer to serve in support of Desert Shield/ Desert Storm. After returning home as a Vietnam Era and Desert Storm Era veteran, Bob was granted honorary retirement with 21 years of connected service.
Bob went on to earn a Master of Divinity degree and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Emory University. While in seminary, Bob studied under Dr. George Morris, noted author and professor of evangelism and the former director of The World Methodist Evangelism Institute.
Dr. McKibben has served in many capacities throughout his 30+ years of ministry:
- Pastor in nine churches in the Alabama-West Florida Conference of the UMC.
- Guest preacher/evangelist at Camp Meetings, Revivals, Key Events and New Life Missions throughout the Southeast.
- Chaired the Alabama-West Florida Conference Board of Worship, Board of Evangelism and served on the Conference Vision 2000 Task Force.
- Chairperson for the Conference Board of Pension and Health Benefits for eight years.
- 30+ years with the Fourth Day movement Walk to Emmaus, serving as Spiritual Director on multiple Emmaus Walks and Chrysalis Flights, including an international Walk held in Estonia. Currently, Bob is serving as Community Spiritual Director and on the Board of Directors for the Blue Lake Walk to Emmaus.
- Designated a Growth Plus Consultant and was a faculty member of the Faith-Sharing Initiative, both previously sponsored by the General Board of Discipleship.
- A UMC/USA delegate to the World Methodist Evangelism Institute’s Sixth International Evangelism Seminar
Bob is married to Joquita Blakemore of Milton, Florida. They have five children and eight grandchildren.